Monday, July 6, 2009

A Vacation in Review

Last week was our much anticipated visit from from my mom...AKA Grandma Sweetpea. It was also our summer family vacation. Usually we go to Florida every summer, however this year...since my mom had to come here for her 30th high school reunion, we opted to stay in the Hoosier state for the week. And although there were no beaches to go to or really fun amusement parks to attend, we did do a few things...
















We hung out with our baby cousin Audrey...she is guaranteed to make us giggle.

















We went to a tattoo party...

















At which I got a new tattoo. And let me tell you. This one HURT like a mutha! And then I was lame for a few days. I am not kidding either. If I had been a horse, I'd have been shot. My foot was three times the size of the other one and we jokingly referred to it as my elephant foot. But I lived and I love it. Already planning my next tattoo in October..

















We had ice cream at Culvers...















The kids went to the pool in Shelbyville with my mom...The water was FREEZING...and the high for the day was only 78. A cold front moved through the night before and we have yet to really warm up again...
















My mom also took them to the Shelby County Fair (I had to stay home due to my elephant foot) on the day my brother had to show his pig and lamb. While there, the kids got to see a petting zoo..

















and ride a few rides.....
















and hang out with royalty. My mom's high school VBF's daughter (my brotha's sista's baby's cousin's momma's friend's......just kidding) was the first runner up so Claire got to spend a little time with the fair queen court. She thought that was awesome.


















We acted casual in a mexican resturaunt.

















We enjoyed a week of junk food and pop...a rare treat.
















And we ended the week with a trip to That Fun Place in Greenfield with friends from church...



Much Love.

No comments: