Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blog Much

Um Hello?!?

It's me. Your long lost blogging Friend.

I am still alive. Thank you very much. And, honestly, there has been a lot going on since my last post. It's just well....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. BOR-RING!!!

Nobody is doing anything cute. Nobody is doing anything funny. The days come and go and nothing memorable. Blah.

My brother James is back. He's funny. He makes me giggle with his dry wittiness and intelligent sense of humor. Take Sunday for instance. I was at Matt and Mandy's house picking everyone up (since I drive a small bus...Greg's solution to the minivan problem) to go shopping.

James was holding Baby Audrey. He was singing:

"Peanut butter jelly time, Peanut butter jelly time
Where he at, where he at,"

Then he added his own twist:

"where you go, over there, in your seat, get buckled in"


He's hilarious and going to make a great father someday. He just has a way with kids. The best part about him moving back? He's living with Matt and NOT me. Not that I don't love having him here. I do. It's just that I don't have the room. I need the space he takes up for my daycare business.

Hmmmmmm....what else? I started going to a new church. I really like it. It's not the same as my old one, Indian Creek. But it feels sincere and I can relate. The kids LOVE it and that's a major selling point. I am comfortable with my faith. I am confident in where I am going when I die. My kids? Well, they still need education. My biggest fear is that they will separate from the Church once they go to college. It seems college has the ability to turn good christian conservative people against Christanity and into stark raving liberal lunatics. I wonder why that happens. It makes me sad and afraid at the same time. I am afraid of the world we live in and afraid for my own children. I expect that my kids will go to college, so it's important to me that they learn the truth now so that when some college biology professor tries to push evolution on them, they will take it with a grain of salt. Or when some radical person against Christianity tries to play it off as a myth or a lie, they will look to their faith for strength. This is the purpose of Church to me. To educate the children, provide direction to non-believers, Comfort the lost and further the walk with the Lord for believers. I feel that this new place of Worship will do this for us.

Excuse me while I step off of my Soapbox.....


SO. The weather is warming up quite nicely. That's good. Time to start gardening. WHOO HOO! I love to garden. I can't wait to get my hands in the dirt.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Much Love.

No comments: