Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The easy way out!

Today I am taking the easy way out! I have a HUGE headache that goes away with meds but comes back as soon as the meds wear off. I think it's largely weather-related. For some reason, I get headaches when there are significant changes in barometric pressure. Strange, I know. I knew I should have studied meteorology in college.

SO, since I am a lazy bum today, I will leave you with a few Claire-isms and a survey stolen from my bestie from the north, Tiffany:

It's not that Jayden doesn't say funny things, he does..It's just that his things are more grown-up funny. For example, Last night at the dinner table he said "What took you so long mommy, I certainly was starving." I mean come on, what 7 year old says "certainly"? But most people don't find that as funny or endearing as I do. He's just so serious. But Claire..she's hilarious. She is blessed with my quick wit and she knows how to use it. Take yesterday...

Claire: Mommy, can I play outside?
Me: No, it's too cold and tooooo icy.
Claire: What about if I wear Ice Skates? And I skated around and around and made pretty designs on the driveway. Then we could take pictures and send them to Grandma Sweetpea since she lives in Florida and doesn't have snow.
Me: It doesn't work like that, Claire.
Claire: Why not? You have ice and you have skates. What more do you need?


Exactly, what more do you need?


And NOW? A Survey!



Have you ever overflown a bathtub?

Not that I recall


Why did you ignore the last person you ignored?

Idk...I was probably in one of those moods


What's your favorite pizza place?

Hmm..not a big pizza fan but I guess I would take Chicagos or Danatos over anyone else


What was the last stupid thing someone talked you into believing?

I am not very gullible...so if someone talked me into believing something I probably still don't know it's not true.


What's at the top of your to do list in life?

To be stronger in the stewardship of the Lord.


What's a song that would describe your life at the moment?

Bring me to life...Evanescence


Do you ever scream at inanimate objects?

I generally don't scream at anything


What was the last thing that you shared?

My perfume with Claire...a girl has to smell good for pre-school!


What smell/s can you absolutely not stand?

body odor, strong perfume, most candles.

Do you ever eat leftover pizza cold?

eeehh..I could, I guess

Where are you the most ticklish?

omg...where am I not the most ticklish would be easier to answer.


Would you put your life in danger to rescue someone?

Yes, I believe I would


When you're wanting a midnight snack, what do you normally get?

popcorn or something light

Which cartoon character would you want to keep as a pet?

Snoopy. he probably started my life long love of dogs

What color best represents you?

I give you one guess....(green for you bad guessers)


Do you like marshmallows?

Not really. I'll eat a s'more once a year or two.


What is your favorite flavor of candy cane?

Peppermint...they shouldn't be any other flavor, you non-traditionalists!


Do you have any shoe boxes full of old photos/letters/other memorable stuff?

I have a HUGE box of old mementos. I have every letter ever written to me by anyone in school!

Are you in any way double jointed?

Yes...in my hips, my elbows and my thumbs...they all can bend in funny ways.


Have you ever considered a career in music/acting?

Not really. I can carry a tune but I am not gifted in singing. At one time I thought I wanted to be a jazz musician and play my clarinet for a living...til I realized I'd probably have to be poor. Or a band teacher...either way, not cool.


When was the last time you felt seriously embarrassed?

Today. I accidentally over paid our insurance....by $360.00 dollars. Made me feel really stupid because Greg had to take money out of savings to buy the stuff he needed to buy.


Have you ever liked a song, looked up the lyrics to it, then hated it?

Nope, I'll only look up the lyrics to a song that I like and then only if I can't understand what I am hearing


Which is worse for you: being hot, or being cold?

Both are equally uncomfortable.


What would be the icing on the cake for you this year?

To pay off all our debt but the house......This year it's possible!


If you had the opportunity to live forever, would you take it?

Not if my family didn't have the same opportunity


Have you made someone happy today?

Well, I fed the kids, that usually makes them pretty happy!


Do you generally watch a lot of television?

Nope. I find most tv boring


If your bedroom walls could talk, what would they most likely say?

These people really love each other, I mean REALLY love each other, a lot. LOL!


What's your favorite Christmas song?

Oh Holy Night..as long as some stupid pop star isn't trying to butcher it
White Christmas when Bing Sings it
Carol of the Bells


Did you ever really believe in Santa Clause?

I don't remember, probably when I was really little.


Do you like the band Relient K?

They don't have anything that impresses me too much...


Have you ever seen a movie that was better than the book it was based on?

Nope


Do you like quesadillas?

I'm not afraid to eat 'em.


Did you like the show Invader Zim?

never watched it.


Do you think tomorrow will be a good day?

Um..it will probably be stressful. Thursdays are the worst. I have the most kids.



Do you ever talk to yourself?
Not out loud


Who's butt did you last slap?

Max's! He's the baby I was just rocking to sleep


Do you think that chivalry is dead?

Ha..I did a whole research paper on this subject. Yes..and no. Depends on what aspect of Chivalry you are talking about...it's more than just being polite.


What's the greatest/most influential song you've ever heard?

A lot of songs have influenced me over the years, mostly because of what was going on in my life at the time....None of them were the "greatest" though.


What's the weirdest thing you've seen in a grocery store?

I'm pretty open-minded...nothing really weirds me out at the grocery.


What is true love to you?

People think they know what true love is until they have children...then you will know what true unconditional love is like.


Do you like chocolate milk?

It's the only way I will drink milk..still, it's not my favorite


Have you ever bought yourself a present on Christmas?

On Christmas Day? Uhhh..no, that would be odd, don't you think?


Have you ever been on a mechanical bull?

Why YES I have...and I have the pictures to prove it. I rode the bull at a bar in Lafayette when I was 21..I was the only girl that could do it...I think it was the fact that I rode horses and my leather pants...they stuck to the bull.


Do you prefer to pull off band-aids slowly or quickly?

real quick like!!!


Much love!

1 comment:

Becky and Scott said...

I did that with our insurance once, but it was at the beginning of our term and it was like $690!!!! Very rough telling Scott what an idiot I am!! BUT it was nice not having to make that payment every month for 6 months! :)

PS Sorry about the headache. :(