Friday, July 17, 2009

This is the man

Sometimes I really underestimate how amazingly awesome my husband is. Seriously. This is the man I married almost 10 years ago.















Not only is he a huge hero in this baby of the family's eyes, this man plays dolls and colors and listens to her babble on and on and on. This man takes her with him to places that may not be that fun to take a preschooler to. (like the barber shop) He reads her stories and holds her when she cries and has more patience than anyone would have ever guessed. This man is the best daddy this little girl could ever want. This is also that man that swears he'll answer the door holding several guns when guys start coming to take her out. And God help anyone who breaks her heart, because this man will destroy them.















This man is an excellent role model for this munchkin as well. This man is teaching our son how to be man. How to be honest, trustworthy and loving. This man is setting the example of how to be a great father by spending time and listening to him. This man plays games and watches the history channel with him. He takes the time to show his son things like airing up a tire and changing oil. Never once have I ever heard him shoo his son away or be to busy to hear what he has to say.


This man is my husband. This is the side of the man I have the privileged of seeing every day. This is the man I said "I DO" to almost 10 years ago. This man still makes my heart skip a beat. This man can drive me crazy...both good and bad. But I wouldn't change a thing. I love him more now than ever. This is the man who doesn't care what I do, who I am with, or what I buy (as long as it's in our budget, of course). This man works constantly..and I do mean ALL THE TIME without complaint. This man takes our spiritual well being seriously. This man loves me unconditionally, no matter what.

So, when I confessed my fear for our children's education, eternal salvation and general well being in public school. This man listened. And when I explained that private school would really cost us but that I felt it was for the best. He promised to keep an open mind. Then, when we toured the school and we both LOVED it but worried about the cost. This man picked up an extra part time job to cover it. So, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised at his support when I told him I felt overwhelmed with life at the moment. And when I suggested less TV and more time together?? This man was all for it. He even talked to kids about it so that I wouldn't look like the complete bad guy.

I am one lucky lady.















This man even tolerates me when I take random photos of him when he's not expecting it....

And when I wouldn't give him the camera, this is the man that proceeded to hold my ass down and tickle me til I almost pee'd myself.

GOD, I love this man.



Much love.

No comments: